M.F.A Theatre - Directing, University of Memphis, TN
Additional Certificate: Graduate – Nonprofit Leadership and Management
Accreditation: Certified Nonprofit Professional (C.N.P.) – Nonprofit Leadership Alliance
B.F.A Theatre Performance, The New School, NYC, NY
Additional Certificate: Screenwriting & Film Production
American Musical & Dramatic Association, NYC, NY
Intergrated Program – Musical Theatre Studies
Certified SAFD Actor Combatant - 2012
San Diego Repertory Theatre July 2017 - Dec 2018
Associate Director of Individal Giving
- Manage a profile of Inner Circle Donors, $1,000 to $24,999
- Manage the receivables and execution of Donor Benefits within the organization
- Manage, plan and execute all Donor Events including; Season Kickoff, Season Announcement, Opening Night Parties, Special Donor Events surrounding sponsored productions
- Pull and collect Donor recognition for Playbills and Donor Displays
- Sucesses include designing and implimenting the Opening Night Donor Lounge for donors $2,500 and Up. Designed and managed the new donor level, The Players Club, a $2,500 donor level, that allows donors to sponsor a specific performer within the season.
Donor Relations Manager June 2016 - July 2017
- Manages all Donor relations for Inner Circle Donors, $1,000 and Up
- Prepares Board Materials
- Manage The Setting The Stage Campaign Pipeline - $5MM Capacity Campaign
- Manage all Donor Benefits within the organization
- Manage, plan and execute all Donor Events
Words Alive August 2015 - May 2016
Development and Communications Coordinator
- One of two full time development employees responsible for securing the full annual operating budget of $700k.
- Coordinates all communication initiatives including marketing strategies and long-term planning, press releases, publications and media relations.
- Staff Lead on all special events and outreach opportunities including the annual Author’s Luncheon gala with over 600 guests, silent auction, raffle, event tables and drawings, which boasted $30k over projections in Nov. ‘15.
- Manages the efforts of the part-time Grant Writer including any follow up reporting on grants and overflow with the output average of five grants per month at an 80% success rate.
- Assists the Development Director in all development strategies and opportunities including cultivation of individual and corporate giving.
- Manages the Development and Communications Intern and their responsibilities.
The Orpheum Theatre September 2012-July 2015
HSMTA Artistic Director
- Served as Artistic Director of the Orpheum’s High School Musical Theatre Awards Show for the three consecutive years. The award show honors the achievements of over 30 high schools and their performing arts programs in the Mid-South region. Duties consist of; creating the overall vision and programming of the event. Directing the hosts, nominees and production numbers. Leading and managing the schedule, design staff, IASTE stage crew, musicians and budget for the awards show and year long adjudication process including 15+ judges.
Summer Program Director
- Worked alongside both the Vice President & Manager of Education and Community Programs to create new and dynamic master classes and educational training programs for ages 5-18 for the Orpheum’s expanding education center. The duties included; pitching, planning and producing new and innovative education programs while working within the budget and guidelines of the Orpheum Theatre’s mission.
- Tapped into professional connections to; arrange teaching artists, coordinate with incoming tours on guest teachers for their Broadway Matinee series, established a pipeline for NYC casting directors to use the Orpheum Theatre as their go-to audition organization for youths in Memphis.
Voices of the South January 2015 – May 2015
Interim Executive Director
- Served as the immediate Interim Executive Director, the only full time staff position, in a community theatre that was entering its 20th season, whose mission is to create, preform and produce new plays by diverse southern perspectives.
- Designed and launched a successful $10,000 individual donor appeal to help VOTS navigate through to the end of the FY15 season.
- Created a donor database within Salesforce to track current and future corporate and individual giving.
- Lead the selection and budgeting for the 20th anniversary season including four main stage shows and three 20th anniversary events.
- Prepared renewable grants that brought in over $15,000. Researched and cultivated new grants of $5250 with my short time in the position.
- Created and nurtured contacts with new southern playwrights and organizations including the National New Play Network founding the 2nd look series – a 2nd production of a Rolling Premier play from NNPN.
- Started the grant funded – VOTS Writers Lab- a monthly workshop series where playwrights work with performers to work through new materials that culminate in new plays to be optioned for the following season.
- Worked heavily with the board to establish active subcommittees, board governance and accountability.
- In addition, managed all operations of the performance space, TheatreSouth, duties include; space rentals, assembled production teams, box office and sales, and communication between other companies in the adjourning building and with the areas business association.
Northern Stage July 2010 - May 2011
General Manager & Artistic Director Assistant
- Northern Stage is a LORT D theatre in White River Junction, VT. Duties included; casting responsibilities - coordinated audition notices with Breakdown services, playbill and Actor’s Equity Association. Contacted Agents and managers, arranging the schedule and call list. Managed the casting budget for travel and personnel expenses. Turned all demo memos into contracts. Office Management responsibilities - maintained all coordination between the marketing, finance, development and community engagement departments with the GM and AD. Created dramaturgical and educational packets for each of the six shows of the season.
Flat Rock Playhouse 2008 Season
- Oversaw the well-being and growth of the Apprentice Company, sixteen college students and two assistants.
- Taught a variety of theatre classes and engaged multiple AEA guest artists as teachers for various supplemental classes and workshops.
- Coordinated and programmed time and location of classes and apprentice work programs.
- Directed The World of Carl Sandburg for the Carl Sandburg Foundation in NC.
- Developed and implemented an expansive marketing campaign for the program.
- Created and directed the 2008 Apprentice showcase, a musical adaptation of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, which generated a tenfold increase in ticket revenue from the previous year!
- Restructured and created an apprenticeship model that is still being used at FRP today.
Additional Administration experience:
San Diego Repertory Theatre
Casting & Literary Intern
- Served as the assistant to the Casting Director and Literary Manager on materials for the Rep’s upcoming season. Worked with the Casting Director to post and manage audition notices with Breakdown Services and contact agents and mangers regarding schedule and appointments. Acted as monitor and assistant during all auditions. Attended weekly meetings to plan and monitor the artistic path of the theatre. Assisted Literary Manager by researching and preparing dramaturgical packet on “Steal Heaven”, a work set to premier at the Rep in fall ’14.
Arts Access Program Manager
- ArtsAccess is a free ticketing program that partners with over 50 non-profit Arts Organizations in the Memphis area to provide free access to patrons who otherwise couldn’t not attend due to; disability, financial constraints and location. Duties included; completely restructured the ArtsAccess program to include data collection and accountability on both the card distribution centers and all of the arts organizations presenting free tickets. Redesigned the AA cards and brochures, focusing on accessibility and layout for the aging and bilingual population. Managed the data collection from the cards and usage, putting together a comprehensive report with strategies to grow in the future. Worked diligently to manage financial responsibility of this program.
Education & Outreach Intern
- Worked alongside the Education & Outreach Director to monitor and guide the education program under the umbrella of ArtsMemphis. Duties included; worked in the field collecting video and data of existing programs. Reviewed grant applications and monitored impact and efficiency of programs.
Stax Music Academy - Soulsville Foundation
‘Stax to the Max’ Program Coordinator
- Stax to the Max serves as the major fundraising event for the Soulsville Foundation, featuring two stages with live musicians, a kids party area, NPO tents, mechanize & food vendors and a VIP Tent. Duties included; managed the staff and volunteers for the event. Served as contact for all vendors and organizations, collecting billing and payments from participating vendors. Arranged the layout of the event space, acting as leader for all items outside of the performers and their schedules.
Assistant Community Engagement Coordinator
- Worked alongside the Community Engagement Coordinator to development outreach programs and events for the Stax Music Academy students. Served as the contact for recruitment opportunities at events and local university/job fairs while coordinating materials, schedules and displays and serving as the face of the SMA.